Are you are a Yorkshire based independent consultant or freelancer?
Are you in search of friendly, informal networking and support?
(Without the need to bring referrals)
A few years back, some members of the Yorkshire Mafia Independent Consultants and Freelancers LinkedIn Group thought it would be useful to meet face-to-face for mutual support, development and collaboration. It turned out to be such a good idea we have been meeting every month since.
We meet from 9:30 am on the third Wednesday of each month in the Restaurant of the Premier Inn / Brewers Faye at Drighlington, just off the M62 / M621 / A62 junction (with the occasional date and venue change - see the schedule below)
There is ample parking and no charge to attend, although most of us bring £5 for bacon butties and tea/coffee.
We structure our meetings into two parts:
- First, we have informal networking for members of the Yorkshire Mafia Independent Consultants and Freelancers group, together with a skills and knowledge development session/presentation by one of our members or a guest, and the opportunity to raise questions and seek business related help from other members of the group.
- Second, for those of us who choose to collaborate together, we have slightly more formal, but still very friendly meeting under the Consult Yorkshire banner.
If this seems like something that would be useful to you, then please do come along to one of our meetings, or if you would like more information leave a message via our Contact page.
Our schedule of meetings for the remainder of 2017 is as follows (normally the third Wednesday of the month, unless specified otherwise).
By the way, it is best NOT to use the automatic calendar link widget adjacent to this post, and which is not appropriate for multiple events.
- Wednesday 17 January 2018
- Wednesday 21 February 2018
- Wednesday 21 March 2018
- Wednesday 18 April 2018
- Wednesday 16 May 2018
- Wednesday 20 June 2018
- Wednesday 18 July 2018
- No meeting in August (peak holiday period)
- Wednesday 19 September 2018
- Wednesday 17 October 2018
- Wednesday 21 November 2018
- Wednesday 12 December 2018; (the second Wednesday), followed by Christmas Lunch
The Old Brickworks
Premier Inn / Brewers Fayre Restaurant (at the far end)